Do you book tickets in IRCTC? Then read this.
IRCTC has now updated its policy on the number of train tickets you can book in its portal. Let us see how you can be benefited from this update. You can link your Aadhaar card to your IRCTC account so that, you can book up to 12 train tickets per month.
Steps to link your Aadhar card to your IRCTC account to book upto 12 tickets in a month.
- IRCTC users should verify their Aadhar card in their “My Profile” section under “Aadhar KYC”
- Enter your Aadhaar card details in the field given and click submit
- An OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked with the Aadhaar card. On successful submission of OTP, the user will become Aadhaar verified
- At least one passenger in the PNR that is being booked beyond 6 tickets in a month should also be Aadhaar verified
- Users are required to verify the probable passengers through their respective Aadhaar number and store the verified passengers in passenger master list. This should be done before starting the ticket booking process, beyond 6 tickets in a month.
Meanwhile, you can continue booking up to 6 tickets in a month even though you do not link your Aadhaar card with your account.
Happy traveling 🙂
Follow us on Facebook at The Window Seats