Planning for a Thailand holiday? No need to worry about the Visa process. You can get a visa on arrival in Thailand airports. Here, we list the requirements for the Visa on arrival for Thailand.
Indian travelers visiting Thailand are allowed to apply for a Visa on Arrival, provided they meet all the basic requirements. The visa application fee is 2000 Bhats and the validity of the visa is 15 days and it can be extended if required by visiting the immigration bureau.
Below is the list of documents required in order to be eligible for Visa on Arrival in Thailand.
- Visa on Arrival application form and a recent photograph of the applicant with a white background is required.
- A passport with a minimum validity of six months is compulsory.
- Confirmation of return air tickets as per the necessary visa rules.
- Proof of Accommodation is essential. (i.e. If staying at a hotel, booking confirmation of hotel required, If staying along with a local person, then their address proof is needed). In both cases the contact number is mandatory.
- Proof of funds showing sufficient balance for applicant’s stay in Thailand (10000 Bhats for a single applicant and 20000 Bhats for a family)
- Visa application fees 2000 Bhats
- Airline boarding pass
- Arrival & Departure card, which will be provided by the airline staff
Citizens of 18 other countries too can get Thailand Visa on Arrival. Depending upon the passenger traffic, the complete process may take any time between 15 mins to an hour. Thailand Visa on Arrival service is available 24 hours at the following international airports.
- Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok
- Don Muang Airport, Bangkok
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani
- Chiangmai International Airport
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkla
There are a lot of holiday destinations in the country and you can explore it at leisure. For more fun at waters visit the islands of Thailand like Phuket, Krabi, Koh Samui, Phi phi islands and cities like Pattaya, Bangkok, Ayutthaya. You can read the Phuket destination guide here. Click here for hotel suggestions in Phuket
Happy holidaying 🙂